Guided XC Paramotor flight for beginners.

All,

I have an idea to introduce new pilots to XC (Cross Country) flying.

It can be fairly daunting the first time you fly away from your field so think it would be a good idea to hold a (Guided) sub 10 hour pilot XC day here at Lambourn.

Maybe land somewhere for lunch and head back again. Nothing major.... Maybe an hour or so out and the same back after a long rest and with the option to bomb out into the passion wagon.

This will be great for people who need a good confidence builder / cobweb blower outer... to be able to then enjoy the rest of the summer.

Aside from the normal helpers this is a Sub 10 hour pilot event please :D

I am not suggesting that someone cant arrange a longer one to run along side this thought of course !!

A little feedback from a handfull of interested people and I will get it sorted.

Comments expecetd.

SW :D

Ken i just watched your avatar!

what a beautiful description of the tip vortices when the smoke trails out behind.

What is happening in the picture?

Ken,

You are correct. :D They are 100% 'Life Savers' Which are hotter than any part of the plane and thus attract Heat seaking SA or AA Nasties away from the aircraft.

Tis a great little 'anim'

• 1 year later...

This is a very easy one to arrange, in fact it is already in the list of benefits of a full membership :D

I will still run one anyway of course.

Show of hands please?

Helpers and pilots (sub 15 hours).

The first XC I did in a microlight was the best ‘learning experience’ I had! For the whole two hours you can have a dabble at this and play with that and when you get a bit anxious about something you stop playing with it. Also, you can just relax so much more – no instructor watching you etc

Great idea, lets hope for a regular event.

Tony