Top80Sheared reduction bolt on gearbox Top80

Lawson

Hi All,

Extremely cleverly, I sheared the end off the reduction magnetic bolt at the bottom of the gearbox where the oil gets drained. Putting it back on, I guess i over-tightened (don't know my own strength...). So now I have the end shared off, stuck in the gearbox.  Any smart ideas on what to do next please?

Many thanks

Just now, Lawson said:

Hi All,

Extremely cleverly, I sheared the end off the reduction magnetic bolt at the bottom of the gearbox where the oil gets drained. Putting it back on, I guess i over-tightened (don't know my own strength...). So now I have the end shared off, stuck in the gearbox.  Any smart ideas on what to do next please?

Many thanks

Easy enough to do, it is aluminium.  Drill a hole in it and use a screw extractor to remove the stub.  You can get a replacement from Miniplane UK, or the UK Pap dealer.  If you need to see an exploded parts diagram see this link Mecafly Top80, it's in French but the part numbers are the same.

And you are posting in the wrong place, you should post under 'Paramotors' and then more people will see your request and be able to help.

Good luck,

Christian