Fresh Breeze kick in strap fitting

rob1980

Hi all, wonder if any of you can help please. I have a fresh breeze Airboss 122 with a wingman harness. The problem I am having is the place I have my kick in strap attached is now starting to fray the strap that supports the front of the seat board. See attached photos. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can attach the strap so it won't get any worse? 

Thanks, Rob

image.pngimage.jpeg

• 4 months later...

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A GUIDE. ONLY WHAT I HAVE TRIED.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND PLAYING WITH YOUR HARNESS!

Thought I would add an update on how I have managed to create new kick in strap attachment points, to save my seat suspension webbing.

My mother-in law is a seamstress and is very handy with a sewing machine, so she did all the work, I just paid for the items.!

First of all I bought a 5m length of 20mm webbing from ebay along with some welded metal ring eyelets. 

I removed my seat board and wrapped the new 20mm webbing around the board, thus allowing the full strength to pull the seat board forward, rather than just a tug at the front stitches or webbing (as before). She managed to measure the length needed and made sure that it wouldn't interfere with any other of the important webbing inside the harness!

The next job was to unpick a few of the stitches along the front of the seat, which was much easier than we first thought.

After stitching the webbing on the ring, using the same method as the main harness webbing uses, (over,under and back in the middle),  she then passed the rings and webbing through the holes made in the front.

We positioned them in such a way as to avoid interfering with the speed bar pulleys, which as yet I  don't use.

Stitched along the front of the seat again where the little holes were made. and voila job done. now just waiting for the buckles to arrive before trying a hang test to make sure it all works ok

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

image3.JPG

• Upvote 1