Air Conception Nitro 200 with Clutch ETA

fuzzybabybunny

I'm interested in the Nitro 200. Any word yet on when they'll have a version with clutch and how much it will weigh? I contacted Air Conception a while ago and they said the clutch will start being manufactured mid-2016. It's a bit past that time so I was wondering if you've gotten any word on it.

There has been a working clutch model for sometime. Lots and lots of testing. When you offer a 2 year warranty, things have to be right. I can't remember the weight, it was light as still a belt drive, advanced design to reduce slip. No point in quoting weight or talking to much about specifics till the final production version.

On 7/29/2016 at 0:38 AM, custom-vince said:

There has been a working clutch model for sometime. Lots and lots of testing. When you offer a 2 year warranty, things have to be right. I can't remember the weight, it was light as still a belt drive, advanced design to reduce slip. No point in quoting weight or talking to much about specifics till the final production version.

Would you happen to know if AC will ever offer the Nitro motor just on its own, so that people can use it on other chassis'? Because that suit-case packable Synergy 5 you mentioned looks amazing.

Edited by fuzzybabybunny

Yes it is, or should I say was. Air Conception are a paramotor manufacturer more than an engine manufacturer. They make a great engine. They also want to keep it to them selves. I mentioned in another post, engine along does not make for a super light paramotor. It is a combination of parts. 2 years warranty is easy to maintain when fitted correctly to a purpose built chassis. Problems arise when mis handled and fitted to other chassis, with aftermarket props etc.