Newbie in Redcar

Hi all, my name is Francois and would love more information on how to get started in Paramotoring.

I am totally new to this sport the only experience I have is skydiving. (static line jumps and then progressing to freefall only had 42 jumps to my name when I had to pack it all in due to work commitments)

Now things have settled it will be great to take up a sport with a bit more air time under a wing than a canopy. I live in the North East and would love to fly locally (Redcar, Guisborough the Moors and coast line)     

So please any advice would be great i.e. starter cost, what training/equipment to purchase and training venues. My funds available is round the £7500.00 mark.

Many thanks all  

Francois

• Upvote 1

Have a look at flyspain, you can train quickly with ideal weather on excellent kit. 

There are some members in the Northumbria hang and paragliding club with motors but you would be closer to North Yorkshire sailing club who may have some motor members.

if you want to pm me your email I can send you some contact info. 

Cheers

On 25/07/2016 at 4:02 PM, Lohatla said:

Hi all, my name is Francois and would love more information on how to get started in Paramotoring.

I am totally new to this sport the only experience I have is skydiving. (static line jumps and then progressing to freefall only had 42 jumps to my name when I had to pack it all in due to work commitments)

Now things have settled it will be great to take up a sport with a bit more air time under a wing than a canopy. I live in the North East and would love to fly locally (Redcar, Guisborough the Moors and coast line)     

So please any advice would be great i.e. starter cost, what training/equipment to purchase and training venues. My funds available is round the £7500.00 mark.

Many thanks all  

Francois

Feel free to give me a call. 07985340118. We cover training and equipment throughout the Yorkshire region.  

Paul 

East to west 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Francois,

I am fairly new to the sport but I know a little bit about it and give you some advice. I also live fairly close to you (Barnard Castle), so your more than welcome to have a look at my gear.

I train Alan and Paul from https://www.paramotorclub.org/profile/3682-easttowestyorkshireparamot/ and https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.parafly.co.uk/&ved=0ahUKEwig18KHoc3OAhWCWywKHQdlBMkQFghyMA4&usg=AFQjCNF6UPcU-dV_MAmSbSrdeBcdCY9_oQ and cannot recommend these guys enough...they know their stuff: excellent training and top notch gear to train on. The only slight downside is its a bit of a commute but well worth it!

Feel free to give me a call on 07850 110494 if you have any questions,

Vin