What would you do?

OK,

This is likely to stir up a bit of chatter which is cool.

The facts.

We have all 6 pilots for the tip to tip.

We have enough sponsors to ensure that the event is 100% on.

Planning is going very well and everything is better than on track.

The question.

If someone were to approach me and suggest that he/she would like to fly the Tip to Tip and comes with a sponsor..... what do you do?

Consider if you will all of the things that this would effect good (another £5k for charity!) and bad (extra fuel, harder to stay together, exrta person to mess up a take off or landing.)

I will stay out of this now for a while for some replies.

SW :D

Simon, it could go either way, if its a well seasoned pilot the formation would be more spectacular and more for the charity. If a low airtimer it could mess up take offs and possibly landings and if you have six pilots all using fuel waiting for a seventh we will never reach the refuelling stop(s).....Just reading my reply, reads that l'm on the fence on this one, so probably be down to a vote at the end of the day.

Just to add, do you know this pilot, is he/she reliable, Is he/she willing to come to the training weekends, does he/she know whats involved ie the endurance side of things, and if a (she) hope she doesn't mind the buddy buddy system :D:D:oops:

Mike

OK,

Something interesting has happened here.

People have replied online to this question with a yes / JFDI and the like....

BUT

I have had calls amd PM messages from people with some very good reasons why not to add another pilot to this trip. The decision will have to be taken offline and by 'team vote' after full details have been provided to all.

Thanks for everyones input.

SW :D