RAF Lyneham Nav briefing / visit.

All,

RAF Lyneham are swinging open the gates exclusively for Paramotor Club members to get some top notch navigation briefings.

The event will take place on the morning of the 3rd of April. (a weekday I know but has to be I am afraid.)

It would be great to get as many of the Tip to Tip people both ground and air crews there as possible as we intend to drag the media along too.

Of course this is open to ALL Paramotor Club members, this is not a tip to tip event.. I am just using it to hijack a bit more media for it :D

Please reply here with a yes if you are coming.

Also I will need a PM with your car details, make, model, colour, VRN. and you will all need to bring a photo ID (Driving license or passport.)

I hope that this is the first of may but there may only be one so don't wait for it. Get on it now :!:

SW :D

Just wanted to bring this one to the top again...

A question that has been asked is times..... RAF Lyneham start 0900 please be at gate at 08:30 as requested by the RAF blokes, if we arrive as a gaggle I can help out the guard with a nice Spread sheet with names and car reg numbers e.t.c. We will be finished by 13:00 hrs latest.

The only way to register is by posting a message here with your name.

• 2 weeks later...

Could those of you who have not yet sent a PM with your car details to me do so ASAP :D

It will save loads of time at the gate.

Also DONT FORGET PHOTO ID!!!!!!!!

All,

This is the final call for this visit. I will be submitting the list of names and car details at 10:00 tomorrow morning and if your name is not down then your not coming in :lol:

If you do decide to come along, please PM your full name, and car details, colour, reg, make, model. and bring a Photo ID with you (passport would be best)

Slim, I will jump in with you... and I recon Colin would be up for that as well.... we could leave from here and do the carbon footprint reducing, car share thing. :D

ALL BELOW ARE THE TIMES AS REQUESTED BY THE GUYS AT LYNEHAM PLEASE NOTE THE START TIME!!!

O800 - meet at front gate.

0830 - Tea and Biscuits

0900 - 0945 Flight Safety Briefing

0945 - 1000 Any q's + admin break

1000 - 1045 Tactical Training Flight Brief

1045 - 1100 Any Q's Depart for the tower

1100 - 1200 Brief in the tower any final Q's

1215 - Depart

Any Questions please call.

To all who are visiting RAF Lyneham tomorrow...

A tip for the season is a nice cool white Tip to Tip T shirt if you have one, or a Paramotor Club one if not. ( I will bring some of both with me)

Also, could people please bring Cameras ( I am sure that there will be times that you can not use them ) but we need to get some decent shots to send out to the Media... Whoever takes the best picture will see it in the local News Paper.

If you have neither of the above, not to worry just dress as per 'pictures being taken for the media'

Cheers all....

All,

Today at 0800 12 Paramotor Club Members will be the first to attend an RAF Navigation / Awareness Brief. This is a brand new idea for the Paramotor Club and it's members to work with local RAF Bases.

If this works well then I intend to arrange similar ones at your local RAF base. (Please fill in the location section of your prifile) and each year pilots will be kept up to date with local Airspace and RAF Activity.

This can onloy be a good thing for all concerned and I hope that we see as much interest througout the UK as this very first one has.

Thanks to our RAF hosts for tea biscuits and loads of knowledge, Simon for arranging it and others in the "Tip to Tip" team for their good company.

After a few days mulling over what we heard:

I've a much better/safer idea where and when they fly

I'll try to avoid flying on a constant bearing

I'll try to make a conscious effort to move my head and lookout more

The courtesy number to call if near Bath/Bradford-on-Avon close to their southern approach path was a bonus. Filton appreciate this type of call when near their north of Bristol area.

Thanks again :D:D:D

Cheers

Paul