Good mic and radio that can also double as audio recorders?

So I'm starting my PPG training and I think I need to start thinking about radio gear.

I was thinking about getting a Baofeng UV-82 but I realised that it uses those weird two-prong headphone jacks that super old airlines use. I'm looking for something more modern, but also good value.

This is what I want:

- perhaps instead of big ear muffs, I could use a set of really good sealing in-ear monitor (IEM) headphones? If they seal well they can be just like foam ear plugs

- is a throat mic a good thing to get? I want to use this microphone for recording clear narration for videos as well

Any tips?

These are the deal of the century at the moment. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252233483100?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.  Not as powerful as more expensive radios but certainly up to the job (apparently).

I don't see how an in-ear bud could reduce the noise from your motor. Most of us use proper headsets for a reason (having said that, I've never used ear bud headphones in flight).

I've flown with a pilot using a bone mic and that was surprisingly clear.

In reality, you may not use your radio much once you've finished training.