First Flight

This is crazy, I don't normally entertain blogs, forums or social media of any description just not my thing. But got to say today was great. The first flight was awesome, all the repeated ground work that we the students have been encouraged to do at membury has paid off. Hats off to intructors Simon & Colin. The Radio instruction on my first flight was reassuring & precise and gave me the confidence on controlled take off, spectacular flight and dare I say suberb landing. The only down side is that my addiction is growing and I'm going to soon part with cash for some decent PPG kit LOL! Joking aside one of the most enjoyable adventures I've done in nearly three score years, worth every penny. Live life to the full!

• Upvote 4

Still remember the "Am I really going to do this moment" when Colin said "When you feel lucky" just before I stepped forward and went for a forward launch on my 1st flight.

An amazing expereince - Well done. I'm still waiting to land on my feet after 6 flights :-)

Had Second Flight Friday, just keeps getting better, around 15mins of being one with nature. The launch could have been better I just need to remember to run (nice long strides)  till my feet have left the ground and not try to lift them away from it, however I quickly redeemed myself to make it uneventful.The ground is starting to look different at around 2000 feet. Can't wait for increased confidence, the fear of heights seems to play on me a little, I think it's more in the finding confidence of the loosely fitting leg straps (by design!) when in the air/back in the seat. Need to remind myself that how on earth would I be able to run on Take-off and landing if the leg straps were tight LOL!:D

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

My Third Flight, seemed to loose confidence for some reason, however 4th flight last week was great. Better take off into light wind and probably my first real experience of thermals coming off the M4 at Membury which I enjoyed for some bizzarre reason. Landing was nil wind and I made a right balls up of it. Instructor Colin Picked a bit of grass from between my teeth so you can imagine what the landing was like LOL! Rest assured best flight so far which has encouraged me to order my first wing (Dudek Synth 2) from the School. Can't wait for the final cross country test. Simon's given me home work to plan a VFR route, should give him and me a idea on my understanding of not as the case maybe.

• Upvote 2