Roadster 2 vs Spyder

Noz

Having owned a Sirocco (lightweight Speedster) I would 100% get the lightweight Spyder instead of the Roadster  - if cost was identical for them both.

Lightweight wings are great to launch, and handle well. I have had a lightweight paraglider wings for the last 4 years and I find the wear to be similar to full weight wings.

On 5 June 2016 at 6:07 AM, Noz said:

I've been saving up for a new Spyder, but came across a very good deal on a Roadster 2 with 3 hours.  Is there much of a difference between the wings???

i had a r2 in 26 for a few months and then got the spider in 26 as soon as it came out.the r2 is a brilliant wing! very easy and forgiving wing on takeoff,nice landing and comfortable in flight! the spider is 20% easier on takeoff in light to zero wind (i reverse launch in nill wind situations since im from a pg backround)and about 10% more agile in flight.i think the brakes are slightly lighter as well.the feedback in bumpy air is abit more with the spider.

i now have a sirocco 24 as well but keeping my spider as my go to wing.

this is my opinion.!

On June 12, 2016 at 1:34 AM, nicosangeli said:

i had a r2 in 26 for a few months and then got the spider in 26 as soon as it came out.the r2 is a brilliant wing! very easy and forgiving wing on takeoff,nice landing and comfortable in flight! the spider is 20% easier on takeoff in light to zero wind (i reverse launch in nill wind situations since im from a pg backround)and about 10% more agile in flight.i think the brakes are slightly lighter as well.the feedback in bumpy air is abit more with the spider.

i now have a sirocco 24 as well but keeping my spider as my go to wing.

this is my opinion.!

i have some videos of all 3 wings including the nil wind reverse launch with the spider on my fbook page Nick Angeli if you like to check it out.!

4 hours ago, christian said:

That's a very useful comparison.  How does the Sirocco compare with the Roadster2 & the Spyder?

Christian

my sirocco is a smaller size 24 so its more agile from that alone but apart from the fact that its abit more tricky on take off(it needs more control to keep it overhead)in flight its 30%more agile and the brakes are more responsive and slightly shorter.this makes landing in nil wind easier since i don't need a wrap as i do with the r2 and spider.

my opinion is they have good and bad!

you will never mess up a takeoff with the spider and r2 but you might find the handling abit slow(you can counteract with tip steering which makes the handling much better)

the sirocco because of its higher aspect ratio and lack of shark nose needs good handling on launch and might be abit unnerving for a pilot with not many hours in bumpy air but is a joy to fly otherwise.

an interesting comparison would be a 24 spider/r2 and a 26sirocco..!

im 90kg  pilot with a 25kg pmotor