Advice on a smaller wing please

nigel_d.

Thinking of changing my Nucleon 29 for one of the 5 metre-ish smaller designs for the same all-up weight such as the Nucleonxx of Apco Force2 etc. The thing is despite the advantages will I likely lose a particular quality I currently have ie the ability to fly at really minimal power when on slow trim?

Cheers

Nige

Just out of interest, when you`re flying at `really minimal power on slow trim` what ground speed/engine revs are you doing for level flight - and which motor do you have/where are you in the Nuc weight range?

Is this at full slow or neutral trim?

I am near to the top of my classic nuke, probably flying at around 22~23 mph airspeed, motor is V5, don't have a rev counter but purrs lovely at about quarter throttle when trimmers on full slow with just a little brake. Great for flying low without annoying people also can hear music better.

Nige

• 3 weeks later...

Nigel 

I am or was 75kg when i had my V5.. Now 69kg due to weight loss for my TTC3000m record attempts..  I was fully maxed out on bar on a 24m speedster.. full rpm and not climbing..

Just make sure you test before buying any circa 22m wing as you may find you run out of power on the V5.. there is no point in having a smaller wing and not be able to maintain on bar..