Adrian's training blog

Cessna

Day 1)

Just trying to recover from Saturday's training session with Flybubble. This is a very friendly Paragliding club based near Lewes where I am doing some initial training. Very hands on with just two trainees per instructor. Practiced both snatch and reverse launches within the first couple of hours until the wind picked up then further reverse practice with a 12 mtr speed wing (very twitchy!).

Overall impression at the moment..the sport is impossible, however once the aches and pains subside I'm sure it will all come together. I have a second day booked and then hope to move over to Steve Haze at Wing and a Chair (if he's back in the UK). However cannot speak highly enough of Flybubble and maybe will try to keep paragliding as well. :D

hi Adrian - not impossible but it may take time - especially in this weather.

btw I did my ppg training with Steve - he's great! I have recently been with Carlo et al at Flybubble getting my hill rating on paragliders - they are brilliant too. (so you're in the very best of hands!)

all the best

paul

• 2 months later...

Day 2)

Not sure if trying to train in the winter was such a good idea, with other commitments and bad weather almost 2 mths have passed and a lot of Day 1 was forgotten. Much lighter winds (although a little variable), beginning to think I can do this, although I still get confused with what seems like an awful lot of lines!

By the end of the day I was controlling the wing better, and even started doing some hops, but now have a dilemma. Flybubble have "re-jigged" their training program and to continue with them I need to commit to a full 10 day training course, with deposits for equipment purchase.

As I really want to go down the Paramotoring route I think the £2000 would be better spent on dedicated Paramotoring training, its just unfortunate that Steve Haze is laid up at present :D

Come to Membury, and train with Simon . For £2000 I will personally make you coffee all day, fold up your wing at the end of the day. Service your car. Do your homework and paint your house.

Terms and conditions apply

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

Come to Membury, and train with Simon . For £2000 I will personally make you coffee all day, fold up your wing at the end of the day. Service your car. Do your homework and paint your house.

Terms and conditions apply

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

i'm tempted myself..... :lol:

Hi All

Thanks for all the offers of "services"....the only problem for me with Membury is the distance from where I live. I used to fly out of the airstrip at Hook (M3) and the driving became a real pain in the arse!

However still looking at options, I have been talking to Andy Morant who trains in north Kent and I will in the first instance be doing more practice with the wing I have for ground training.

Will keep the blog going

Cessna :D

PS I'm not sure how the £2000 course fee/equipment deposit is split by Flybubble, they're real nice people, but obviously paragliding is their thing. Buying free flight equipment would be using funds I would need for my paramotoring.