Low wind day

After leaving Airvault too soon to get a flight in when the wind dropped early in the evening, I had a good flight this morning. I knew the wind was going to be low so had kept all the kit in the car overnight.

I went to the local field and had got all set up for a northerly take off when the little wind there was decided to change direction to easterly. Par for the course when there is little wind and it's not the crack of dawn.

Did a successful forward launch and climbed into the inversion layer, seemed to be quite a deep layer and quite cool at over 2000 feet. I was glad I had my flying suit and warmest gloves on.

Vario.jpg

I headed out towards a village called Belabre, I had flown this way before but not around the village itself.

I took a shot from overhead:

Belabre.jpg

On reaching the other side I took this photo showing the river running through the village:

RiverthruBelabre.jpg

I continued flying over a couple of landmarks that I have now come to know and by the time I was returning to the field it was about 11:15 and I was feeling the thermals starting to rise off the terrain below.

A bit of a bumpy descent then back home for a nice cup of coffee.

It's great when an anticipated flight comes together.

Cheers,

Alan

After leaving Airvault too soon to get a flight in when the wind dropped early in the evening, I had a good flight this morning. I knew the wind was going to be low so had kept all the kit in the car overnight.

I went to the local field and had got all set up for a northerly take off when the little wind there was decided to change direction to easterly. Par for the course when there is little wind and it's not the crack of dawn.

Did a successful forward launch and climbed into the inversion layer, seemed to be quite a deep layer and quite cool at over 2000 feet. I was glad I had my flying suit and warmest gloves on.

Vario.jpg

I headed out towards a village called Belabre, I had flown this way before but not around the village itself.

I took a shot from overhead:

Belabre.jpg

On reaching the other side I took this photo showing the river running through the village:

RiverthruBelabre.jpg

I continued flying over a couple of landmarks that I have now come to know and by the time I was returning to the field it was about 11:15 and I was feeling the thermals starting to rise off the terrain below.

A bit of a bumpy descent then back home for a nice cup of coffee.

It's great when an anticipated flight comes together.

Cheers,

Alan

Grat photos from a great bloke.

Pete b

ps thanks for the beers, everyone enjoyed them.

Indeed,

Cheers for poping in for a visit. Its always great to meet other PMC members in the field. More so when were in another country.

Sorry I was a little busy to chat more.

Beer was nice, thanks!

SW :D