Fresh Breeze J bar arrangement

alan_k

Hi Jock, in answer to your query I thought I would post it here so anyone unfamiliar could see how the FB 'jetison' suspension arrangement works.

There are shoulder straps fitted to the motor frame to support the motor on your back during take off and landing. It is normal to slacken these off during flight when the wing is taking the load.

573363f127ce4_MeontheFusion.jpg.cebe2b6e

573363fe4722e_Jbars.jpg.f3dc3fcb7c7616da

• 2 weeks later...

Primarily of interest to Jock and Alan...

Flew a FB Simonini with the Aerothrust harness last night after a quick hang check from the garage roof. The Simonini in question featured a titanium 'respect' frame and after removing all parts of the old J bar set up and the back pad the Aerothrust harness fitted very nicely. Flying proved to be very nice and far more comfortable than the original wingman harness. There are a lot of adjustments you can make to the various buckles on this harness so it is definitely worth doing a hang to get the best set up you can before flying. I moved the brake handles from the high hang point, both pulleys, lower dot position to the low hang point, upper pulley only, upper dot position and found it very comfortable. I had previously fitted the harness to a Monster with an old style cage (with curved backwards upper part to the frame where the harness attaches) but found this extra distance caused problems with the motor trying to hang low from the harness. It could be made to work if another bar is welded across horizontally to bring the mounting closer to the pilot. Harness has a grommet on each side for fitting fixed comfort bars but I found it fine just as is. Total cost £130 brand new!

with an old style cage (with curved backwards upper part to the frame where the harness attaches) but found this extra distance caused problems with the motor trying to hang low from the harness. It could be made to work if another bar is welded across horizontally to bring the mounting closer to the pilot.

Thanks for that Fanman, unfortunately I also have the type of frame you describe above.

Cheers,

Alan