inquire powerplay sting 140 or 160?

wzh

I am planning to buy a powerply sting for paramotor and free fly , I weight 73kg, and my paramotor weight 27kg, what size I should choice, Sting 140 or sting 160?

I cite specification following for reference:

Sting 140 : DHV take off weight(kg) 80-105 ; DULV take off weight(kg) 80-140 ; wing weights 6kg

Sting 160: DHV take off weight(kg) 95-125 ; DULV take off weight(kg) 95-160 ; wing weights 6kg

Thanks for replying.

Based suggestions,140 fits for free fly, and 160 fits for paramotor.

I few GIN bolera III, M size(85-105kg), my total weight of taking off(paramotor) is 111kg,over 6kg.

The landing is quick while nil wind, so I am planning to choice a big range.

I agree I think you will find the 140 the one to go for I am 80kg with clothes (ie clip in) for fee fly and 110-115 depending on what camera/video/gps/reserve/sunglasses/helmet/radio/ipod ...ect.ect#with the paramotor

and I flew the sting 140 both in freeflight and paramotor......Before I discovered the Joys of Reflex :wink:

ps Ive not flown it since

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for replying.

Based suggestions,140 fits for free fly, and 160 fits for paramotor.

I few GIN bolera III, M size(85-105kg), my total weight of taking off(paramotor) is 111kg,over 6kg.

The landing is quick while nil wind, so I am planning to choice a big range.

Hi WZH! I have a Sting 140 and I am just under 90Kg. My take off weight is about 128Kg.

I even thought to try the Sting 120 but now I am after a reflex wing. I personally, think you will be too

light under the 140. I love flying it in light wind conditions but I get thrown around a lot in strong winds. Also, the Sting 140, is quite a slow if compared with the reflexes or high performance models. Even after I get a reflex one, I am not planning to get rid of my Sting 140 (mine comes with the name "PAP Motion").

Why don't you get in touch with Powerplay themselves and ask what they would recommend you to do regarding size, in relation to what you intend to use it for? I am sure they will be pleased to advise you on that. They must have tested those wings so much so they will have every answer you can wish for.

Anyway! Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a lot of fun flying.

Take care!

Cesar