Videos of the Week

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Pete - that is another great video.

Picture%201.png

Three reasons I really like it :

1) It is shot and put together in a very different way than any other PPG video I have seen !

2) That smart arse picking up the blue ball - showing off or what 8)

3) Great to see a couple of young kids flying tandem with their Dads

Andy

Edited by Guest

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Many of you will know that Ramon Morillas has been based in Northern Pakistan recently, where he has set a number of 'official' PPG altitude world records.

This video covers the two highest flights, including reaching the peak of Masherbrum (also known as K1) at 7,821m !

Obviously way short of Bear Grylls 'unofficial' record of 8,990m (29,494ft), but this shows some great video of the 3hr+ climb and the stunning views over the peak in perfect weather conditions.

NB. Skip from 2m to 3m45s if you want to skip all the chat on the ground...

(As always right click on video to view YouTube in larger wide format & HQ)

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

NB: These are not my own video clips. They are just some of my favourites found whilst doing my newbie research into PPG.

Back to France again now for an interesting video clip of flight to D'ent d'Arcusaz (nr. Annecy).

Some fantastic shots of the rock geology and the flight along the sharp ridge down to Annecy, interspersed with nice computer 3D overlay of GPS tracked route.

(This is a Vimeo video. Click on image to view the movie

D%27ent%20Arclusaz.png

Andy

Thought this next video clip was appropriate for tomorrow nights Firework Fly-in.

Unfortunately it is rather short, but might give some inspiration - synchronised night flying with fireworks :shock::shock::shock:

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Anyway have fun tomorrow folks, stay safe - and please post plenty of video for those of us that can't be there... :cry:

Andy

As we move into November, I thought that some autumn colour was in order.

Here is some beautiful footage of the autumn foliage north east of Barcelona - on the Spanish side of the Parc National des Pyrennees.

Not quite sure why the first 2m30s is used to show EIGHT takeoff attempts, but at least the music is great.

Easy enough to skip it if you are not interested and get straight to the colourful mountainous scenery. You can almost smell the fresh air..... :wink:

If you have the bandwidth, definitely worth watching this one in wider format.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Andy

Beautiful :!:

Stunning scenery in HD. Really liked the moment at 7:50 with the downwards shot showing that you're just sitting in a harness with nothing below you. It really gives the feel of it.

The failed inflations at the beginning show how imperative it is to be exactly into wind. Notice how the windsock isn't showing any but the small amount of wind there is can move about a lot. Frustrating, I've been there, that's why I use a wind streamer that is more sensitive to low wind.

Cheers,

Alan

Mount a video camera on a remote control aircraft and fly it around you to get those great shots. You may want to utilize a remote (2.4Ghz prolly do) viewfinder (like the eyetop) to keep yourself in frame.

Try not to blue screen the connection between your brain halves keeping everything straight and not flying yourself into yourself.

Free flight training videos are often made with a "scorpion" camera view.

This can apply to a paramotor too, but rather then hard mount, rubber bushings and string are used. Cam is mounted to either a single pole triangulated to frame by two strings or an A frame with a single string.

Care on the ground required obviously and I've not done any of this, but you didn't ask for experiences...

Post videos!

I wondered about mounting a monopod on the paramotor cage and extending above my head but I think the vibration would ruin the video image.

Anyone got any tips for video/camera mounting when paramotoring to get a different perspective other than the usual helmet mount.

Cambodia - here is the other video that I mentioned earlier. Some food for thought :D

It is a favourite as; it has great energy, shows a range of interesting camera angles, covers some lovely varied locations, all very well put together in a sub 3 minute compilation.

I particularly like the low flight over the Mexican seashore (25s), the sharp peaks of the Superstition Mountains (45s), the cactus dodging (1m44s) and contrasting lush green of the desert golf course (2m05). A great advert for PPG !

Eric seems a bit of a lad and adrenalin junkie, check out his website for his world record bike jump attempts, and stunts compilation. 8)

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSFJpKU4YpY[/youtubevideo]

Andy

With the worst storm of the year forecast over the next 24hours here in the UK, I thought that you might appreciate a video clip of a sunny jaunt along the coast. :D

This next clip follows 6 pilots on a 5hr / 120km trip along the beautiful Turkish coast from Istanbul to the Bulgarian border.

Great quality video in HD. Actual flight starts at 1m30s...

(This is a Vimeo video. Click on image to view the movie

Turkish%20Coast.png

Andy

very lovely coast flying -

please can someone organise a similar holiday flying down a coast, perhaps there or eastern europe. In some lovely weather thanks. That is the sort of flying I would love to do

:D

Second that.

Superbly cut video, your best find yet Andy. Really gave the feeling of camaraderie between the pilots.

I liked the juxtaposition of the wing with no lines at 4:02 and the next shot of oodles of lines at 4:05 :)

A wierd effect of filming showing a curved propellor at 6:17 :? Wow.

Keep it up andy,

Alan