Paramotor club summer fly-in 3rd / 4th July 2010. Be There!!

outkast

Right chaps its that time of year again.

We have located a suitable venue wich is close to silverstone, good access from the M1, plenty of room for camping and flying.

for those who have have joined the forum since the last fly-in let me give you a bit of background on the event.

Normally we hold these over a weekend, you can either stay the whole weekend and camp on site, get a room close by or just turn up for the day.

Flying is weather permiting of course and cant be garunteed.

We normally charge a small fee to pay for the use of the land, any funds that are left over will be carried onto paying for the next fly-in.

What we dont have at the moment is a firm date, and this is where you come in.

The owner of the site has said any date would be ok but its best to avoid the last saturday of every month.

with that in mind I ask you to submit the dates wich would best suit yourself and we will see if we can fall on some common ground.

Thanks in advance,

Dave :D

Th

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one for finding this gem of a site Dave!

May I suggest that you suggest some dates as options..

I say June myself! why wait?

SW :D

The PMC can borrow the Paramotor Holidays, BBQ...

I suggest that we sell burgers and hotdogs for a couple of quid and help to raise some club funds.

Well done Dave

Count me in , anytimes ok with me(missus permitting)

Just check for Notams as Silverstone sometimes has air displays and fly-bys on big events.

Pete , would that mean we've all got to put on 10 stone before the beginning of July?

Tim

Hi Bignos, I'm hoping to fly there as well, was thinking of sleeping in a bivvy bag but someone mentioned about snakes so might take my hammock instead. I reckon I can be self sufficient but transporting beer has yet to be solved.

Nige

Hi Bignos, I'm hoping to fly there as well, was thinking of sleeping in a bivvy bag but someone mentioned about snakes so might take my hammock instead. I reckon I can be self sufficient but transporting beer has yet to be solved.

Nige

You could always arrange for a friend to meet you there or drop the beer off there for you.

ALL PLEASE READ:

The date for the paramotor club summer fly in will be

3RD and 4TH of july

The venue is

Spring farm

Helmdon

near brackley

Northamptonshire

NN13 5QD

From M1 junction15a or A5 Towcaster roundabout take the A43 towards Silverstone. Travel past Silverstone, after approximately 8 miles you will see the Greenman Premier Lodge on your right.

Take the second turnoff marked Helmdon B4525 and follow that road for approximately 3 miles, Spring Farm is on the right approximately 1/2 mile after the Helmdon / Brackley crossroads. DO NOT turn at the crossroads to Helmdon village, we are 1/2 mile on the right/ Look out for the 2 armoured vehicles at gate.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 02654&z=13

We will be using the field marked in green for camping and the field marked in red to fly from

tanksalot.jpg

The site is approximally 6 miles south of silverstone race circuit and offers us plenty of open countryside to fly over, I will be putting together a list of local attractions you mite want to go photograph, there will also be the chance we will be staging a mini XC with a landout at a local country estate, details to follow.

Toilets will be provided(for the ladies) :D

The PMC BBQ will be in attendence and for a small fee with be able to provide burgers, hot dogs etc, you will have to bring your own beer :D

There will be a charge of £15, this is to cover the use of the land and rental of the portaloo for the weekend.

A list of site specific rules is being drawn up and once approved by the site owners will be posted up here.

You will also be issued these when you book in at the venue along with information on any noteable flight restrictions in the area, plus 2 bin bags for your rubbish wich will need to be taken away with you (ask if you think you will need more)

We do have a couple of requests, the weekend before the event myself and other members of the events team will be visiting the site to prep it up, cut the grass, have a sort out etc, if you are in the local area and would like to lend a hand it would be appreciated, better still if you have access to a petrol lawnmower.

The other request is for a cook to man(or woman :wink: ) the BBQ, of course the perks of this job are obvious, free grub for the weekend :D

So put that date in your diary 3rd and 4th of july

as they say be there or be square LOL :D

More details will be added to this post as we get them, so please check back on a regular basis :D

The events team :D

I am of course 100% in :-)

Thats a great venue guys, well done.

Yipppeeee the first fly-in of the year for the PMC and it's going to be a corker.

Ref: discount price...

This one is £15 all round as this will be the first event where any profit will go into the currently £0 club fund. Depending on numbers attending, it may not even cover costs which is fairly normal for a fly-in.

The account amount will be updated once a month at least, and posted on the forum for all to see. :-)

I will cover costs if the fly-in runs at a loss until the PMC has built up it's own wonga.

Great job Dave. I hope the Tanks won't be working as the camp site seems to be in their way! :D

I know everybody will check their air maps but, from personal experience, the Parachute drop zone at Hinton on the Hedges is very active most weekends and the aircraft 'run in' and take off will depend on wind direction on the day.

Will you be speaking to the CCI or do you want me to help there?

Regards

Eddie