PMC France Paramotor Holiday 2010.

All,

I have started this new thread in the interest of clarity.

I am arranging a PMC Flying holiday across France in Spring 2010.

The plan, is to fly our Paramotors en-masse through France at a nice chilled out pace. To stop in the evenings at campsites, vineyards and other points of interest along the way.

I expect this will take around 7 days but interested people should allow 10 from start to finish.

Sorry to ask again, but we are talking here about something slightly different to the origonal idea but....

If your interested please post here. The sooner I know the scale of this, the sooner I can get a better idea of what we can / cant do.

Assume cost will be a max of £600.

I do know one thing for sure....

I can't wait! :D :D :D :D

SW :D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon,

I understand the need for the change and I wholeheartedly agree that the decision of the membership is paramount. I would love to be involved and if we can use the event to generate some money for a 'good cause' again as decided by the membership, that would be great too.

Put me down for two and perhaps several more of the cheshire flyers as well. Meds! are you up for it?

We can still have some simple tasks and fun things to do, with smaller non monetary prizes for completion of task etc. It still helps to stimulate the blood and push us to fly better, more accurately, more frugally, more consistently, etc. Competition isn't a bad thing in itself but I can see that it can cause problems at the levels previously discussed.

Certainly using some of the potential prize money to provide regular support staff, marshals, good food for the BarBQs etc is a much better idea.

The next mega problem will be picking a date that we can all do??!!??!! Oh yes, and the weather too........

Great idea.

:launchdance:

Ref Charity,

I dont see how going on a flying holiday can now raise money for charity? Or in fact why?

Dont get me wrong here, I am all for giving to charity for sure but it's different if its just a holiday.

I think I will save the Charity aspect until the race.

HOWEVER!!!!

If YOU wanted to get sponsored for a charity of your choosing to fly accross France then this would be a simple solve. (and of course, please do feel free)

SW :D

Edited by Guest

ah well seems most want the flying without the presure of trying to win, i am a low air time pilot but a race for some real dollar i would be up for, but to go fly for the sake of it just for fun, and to have to pay to get there doesnt do it for me, im sure ya will all have a great time tho

Hi Simon

Assuming all of the points in your message regarding the length and timing of the trip, chilled-ness, vineyards, max price etc remain unchanged then please put me on the list!!! :D

Any chance of making this a race??? (just kidding!)

Best regards,

Ian.

Hi Simon,

(SNIP)

I understand the need for the change and I wholeheartedly agree that the decision of the membership is paramount. I would love to be involved and if we can use the event to generate some money for a 'good cause' again as decided by the membership, that would be great too.

:launchdance:

I think you would be very surprised at the costs associated with an event like this

And at approx £600 each there will not be much if any profit in this.

As I see it this is being done for the benefit club members.

The race would have sponsors so you then have the money for charities.

Are you still thinking of 1 pilot and 1 ground crew to support him or something else?

Hopefully we can double or triple up...say having 1 Ground Crew for 2 or 3 pilots, depending on what space there is in vehicles...

Would be even greater if there were a PMC Official Ground Crew with a Minibus or Landrover and a trailer that could carry several Motors! :)

(I say this, because I dont think I could persuade any of my friends to drive around and then wait for me in a field!) :lol: