Essex Fly In 24th 25th 26th June

Which Weekend  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Weekend

• June 10th
    • June 24th

Hi everyone quite a few people have asked about changing date of our weekend as it clashes with the National's so whats the general opinion, Im thinking making it the following weekend i know it prob clashes with another function somewhere else but we could go on forever.

So please let me know your thoughts its such a great site and we want to show as many people as we can and really want our fly in to be a good great one any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me.

Neilzy

Edited by Guest

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I'd rather be flying myself than watching other poeple flying around poles, so I say leave it as it is 10/11/12 June. Could you not have another one later in the year if it's a success.

Besides I've had to do alot of grovelling to be allowed out that weekend and I'm away the weekend after.

I think another vote is looming but maybe with fewer options than the last one and not all the same :lol:

Tim

Im thinking you should go for the weekend after the Nats as its such a big draw for the paramotoring fraternity. Theres a lot of Essex boys whom im sure would go. Should be a good turn out especially if we keep this spot on weather.

Have to agree would like to go to both, im greedy like that :lol:

Dear Lord how hard is this turning out to be, me finally getting up to fly was the easy bit, organising a fly in well F#*k me thats the hard bit.

The 17th clashes with a shoot on our field so have to change it to following week after 24th June 2011... im afraid now if it clashes with anything we gonna just have too.

So iv'e changed the date on the dreaded poll and lets see what we get..............

Sorry with all the messing about but i don't really think flying around with a load of nutters shouting PULL and shouting 12bore is that good a idea.

Dear Lord how hard is this turning out to be, me finally getting up to fly was the easy bit, organising a fly in well F#*k me thats the hard bit.

The 17th clashes with a shoot on our field so have to change it to following week after 24th June 2011... im afraid now if it clashes with anything we gonna just have too.

So iv'e changed the date on the dreaded poll and lets see what we get..............

Sorry with all the messing about but i don't really think flying around with a load of nutters shouting PULL and shouting 12bore is that good a idea.

Dont know..........sounds interesting dodging the buckshot?!........curious to know to what height the pellets reach?

Re the fly in, 24th June sounds good to me.

Neizy.............looks like you have your hands full organising the flyin..................but in the end it will be worth it!! Well done mate for the effort.

Ian, hope to see you at the fly-in, will be good to catch up?

Mike

Will cost nothing all free we not sure what we doing with BBQ but Paul thr landowner in not charging anything he a top bloke, site will be available from Friday i will be there from lunchtime onwards, hoping to have a few fun comps and loads of flying. There are toilets onsite may even have some bog roll supplied as well. Other than that its pretty much up to you all tell me what ya would like and i will try and organise.

ALL FOR FREE

I agree that we should do something for Paul, but rather than make a charge i think it would be better just to have a tin maybe and let everyone chuck what they want in. Im sure most will drop something in and i reckon it just a better way to do it.

Neilzy

Thanks for the thought Im more than happy to do it the more flyers and families that turn up will be more than enough for me, my family are camping with over with me even though we only live 30mins away, so anyone want to bring family etc you are more than welcome i just so want to see this be a great weekend for all........

Simon may even invite vicar from local church as he buzzes him quite regulary get him over for a Sunday morn sermon but have to draw the line at him inviting the sheep for an overnight stay sorry Si.

But i not want anything for organising the Fly-in many thanks for the thought again.

Neilzy

Dave, I landed last night in a field I dont ever use and a friend of yours came over thinking it was you going to visit him. Nice chap that goes to secret nuclear bunkers or somewhere with you :?:)

was he a slightly balding chap with glasses?

if so his name is Richy were you near east beach?

Dave